CVR, Indiana’s longest running advertising agency, is currently seeking a SEO Associate. We are looking for a professional with 2-3 years’ experience in this or a similar role. Being curious and data driven will be vital for this role, as well as keeping the customer journey front and center. We optimize for target audiences and search engines, in that order.
As a member of the Performance Marketing, Media and Analytics (PMMA) team, you will interact with the Director of Web Strategy on a daily basis as well as several groups within CVR including Social, and Creative. We are a collaborative environment and look forward to adding your insights and experience into our strategic approach to achieving client goals.
Here is an idea of what you will be doing
- You’ll identify SEO optimizations for CVR clients by diving into competitive analysis, keyword research, topic generation, and technical audits
- You’ll measure success by reporting from a variety of sources such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and SEO tools such as SEMRush.
- You’ll identify opportunities for further client growth by reviewing these data sources and aligning to client business objectives.
- Collaborating with the Creative team at CVR to guide content and asset generation.
- Client interactions will occur for insight sharing, utilizing email, conference calls, Microsoft Teams, or face-to-face meetings.
- Our primary focus is to bring value to the client through SEO best practices, while educating them as to why these activities are important.
Desired skill set
- Have a passion for SEO and web. A website typically acts as the central hub of activity. While we specifically focus on traditional SEO, there could be opportunities to support the rest of the Performance Marketing, Media and Analytics team.
- Successfully evaluate search opportunities with an understanding of User Intent is becoming more and more important. Recommendations need to align to the current search landscape and SEO objective.
- Able to communicate observations in a way that clients will understand. SEO is difficult to follow so finding ways to ease understanding and acceptance leads to client success.
- Technical SEO experience including some understanding of HTML, CSS, linking structures, and image best practices.
- Being data driven and organized should come natural to you. Tools like spreadsheets, word documents, and presentation slides will be used to complete your work and collaborate with others.
- Being comfortable updating CMS platforms, such as WordPress. Often times we recommend optimizations and then apply them to client sites. Tools such as Yoast are typically in place.
- Be curious about our industry. A part of being at an agency is presenting opportunities to our clients. That means staying on top of industry news and algorithm changes, but most importantly how we can utilize these updates.
- This role is focused on performing day-to-day SEO activities but be eager to share your opinion for discussion. CVR is a collaborative agency, so bring your ideas to share.
- Able to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects at one time and the ability to self-manage. Resources are available for guidance and review.
- Be a problem solver and bring solutions. A great part of SEO and web work is that we solve issues that others are not comfortable with.
Nice to haves
- Ability to review Google Analytics implementations for update opportunities
- An interest in Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio
- Open to gaining certifications such as Google Analytics IQ and or Google Ads
- Interest in Marketing Automation
- Interest in UX and Conversion Rate Optimization
Successful candidates will have earned at least an undergraduate degree related to marketing or communications, but experience in the SEO industry is highly valued.