The leaves are falling, the temperatures dropping and Starbucks’ PSLs (pumpkin spice lattes) line our desks (and empty our bank accounts). And we all know what that means: the greatest season of all is here - it’s finally fall!
The fall season in the Midwest is truly a crowd favorite. Something about the plethora of pumpkin-spice products combined with seasonal activities just get people excited to be out and about exploring. And that’s no surprise considering we’ve only got three (but let’s be honest -- two) months of nice weather to pick apples and pumpkins, tailgate a Colts game, take a hayride, host a bonfire – the list goes on.
At CVR, we are particularly passionate about the fall season and wanted to share our employee-created Fall Bucket List. So, without further ado, here’s what you need to do:
- Host a bonfire with s’mores. And, if you’ve never tried swapping out the chocolate bar in a s’more with a Reese’s Cup, well, you can thank us later for that sweet tip!
- Drink Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea. We are all big fans of our client’s wonderful teas, and if you haven’t experienced them yet, you will be, too! You won’t even miss your friends as you curl up with this amazing tea, a good book and a cozy blanket.
- Plan a staycation. At the Conrad (another awesome CVR client) in downtown Indianapolis, you can relax in the spa, browse the world-class art collection in the lobby and 2nd floor (open to anyone) and sip on some fine vino or pumpkin beer.
- Get outside. Plan a camping trip, dine al fresco, hike a trail, pick apples, rake leaves (and if you like raking leaves, we’ve got a few yards that you can come knock yourself out in!), take a bike ride, head to a fall festival, etc. There are so many ways to enjoy the great weather before winter sets in and we all hibernate.
- Pick out and carve pumpkins. What better fall tradition is there than picking pumpkins? Plus, your neighbors will love to see the fall décor make its way to your front doorstep. Bonus points for watching “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” while you carve.
- Take a hayride. Because, with the exception of those allergic to hay, who doesn’t love a hayride?!?
- Tour a winery or brewery. Fall is a great time to explore new beer and wine options. Red wines and heavier craft beers are popular during the end of the year and just scream fall.
- Walk, ride or bike the Indianapolis Cultural Trail and search and find the 20 decorated manhole covers – a DigIndy Art Project by our clients at Citizens Energy Group.
- Head over to the new CVR office for a tour. If you haven’t heard, we’ve moved offices! We would love to give you a tour and discuss how we can help you build a brand that matters. While not a seasonal activity, we think you’ll fall in love with our new space just like we have!
So, what are you waiting for? Your time is limited. Get out there and experience fall…and make sure to stop by our office and say hi. Don’t forget the PSLs!